Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The City of Gold

October News
"Where int the World is Jay?"

Greetings from Bangkok.
My friend Adam and I are about to board a plane to return to Narnia. My coworkers tell me that it is okay to return, now that things have stabilized a bit. Of course things will be completely different as the junta is still looking for those who dare to protest their rule.
My primary goal of this trip is to get the updated version of the new Bible translation that my lawyer friend's team has completed. The major difference in this version and the Judson Verson is that Judson translated "Heaven" as "sky." My lawyer friend has shown me that this and other key terms do not communicate a place of no more sin and no more suffering to Buddhist hearts and minds. Buddhists are familiar with the term "The Golden City" for the place where they long to go and this Bible version uses this term and others more appropriate to express the hope that we have in our Savior.

My second goal of this trip is to assess the needs of the people in the western part of the country so we will know how to help these harassed and helpless people more. The price of food has dramatically risen due to the rise in fuel prices. The majority of people spend 60-70% of their income on food. So you can see how desperate they have become.
Pray Matthew 9:35-38

In the past few weeks you have gotten a little taste of where I have been living for the past five years. The peoples of Narnia are some of THE most wonderful on this planet and it is heartbreaking to hear their cries for freedom. Our desire is for them to become citizens of the Golden City where our Abbot Monk, Jesus, sits on his golden throne. Hebrews 11:13-16

Our Abbot Monk, Jesus, will never be beaten or killed again and all dictators and the forces of hell will bow at His feet on the Day that all dictators and forces of hell will be judged.

The internet has been cut off, so if you need to call me then call, +951501439 and Duane will know how to contact me.
Longing for the City of Gold,
jay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Emma said...

i came looking to see what you are saying about your old land and i see you haven't updated in like months... what is the deal???